7c9f552cd81a4f369ada4f7dd4e0ebeed45a4a5d

Traveling For Business Or Pleasure - Make Sure to Plan and Organize Your Travel Plans in Advance

If you are traveling to a destination far from home, you will want to make a plan and be organized to make sure you don't forget to pack everything you will need. Unless you travel frequently, this may take more time and effort than you ever imagined.

I recently took a trip from my home in the United States to China. Because I have traveled to Europe and the Caribbean several times over the years, I was aware of many things that newer and less experienced travelers may not even think about.

Plan what you will need while you are there. I still make a list and then check everything off as I pack it. First, count how many full days you will be at your destination. Then add 2 to this number. That is how many pairs of socks, underwear, shirts, pants, and other clothing items you are likely to need. Check the temperature to see if you will need to bring sweaters, jackets, and gloves, or shorts, t-shirts, and sunglasses. Depending on where you are going and what time of year it is, this will vary considerably.

I also like to only take as much luggage as I can comfortable carry by myself. Again, depending on your destination, you may need to carry your own luggage from one place to another. Make sure your largest bag has wheels. I like softer sided suitcases that are more forgiving when I purchases items to bring home with me.

During the week before you leave on your trip, make a list of everything you might need. When you get ready to go out in the morning, what do you need from your bathroom? Purchasing these items away from home, especially in another country, can be very expensive and totally unnecessary.

Planning and organizing will make your trip easier and more enjoyable. You want to see the sights and have a good time, instead of having to search for toothpaste at a foreign destination.